Castor Oil is colorless to faint yellow, high viscosity, viscid fixed oil with acrid taste obtained from the seeds of the ricinus communis.
Oil of ricinus communis linn with lemon extract. Lifestyle Castor Oil consist of the glycerides of ricinoleic, isoricinoleic, stearic and dihydroxy stearic acids.
Due to the content of ricinoleic acid, castor oil has cathartic properties, acting on the small intestine and producing purgation 2 to 8 hour after ingestion. Large doses may produce, besides purgation, nausea, vomiting, and colic. It also has emollient properties on the skin and is soothing to the eyes.
Lifestyle Castor Oil has broad spectrum medicinal uses due to its lubricating and purgative properties in the following cases;
- Safest emollient and domestic purgative
- The most effective natural remedy for constipation, Abdomen pain and gas.
- Remove dandruff and enhance hair growth.
- Expels toxic materials from the stomach due to accidental or suicidal poisoning and ingestion of glass particles.
- Before preparation of large X-ray examination.
- Relieve pain and irritation in the eye due to the accidental invasion of iron filling, glass pieces, wooden or dust particles.
- Expels invaded insects in the ear.
- 25ml: 8964000014974
- 50ml: 8964000014981
- 100ml: 8964000014998
Dosage and Administration:
For Adults: 2-4 tea spoonful with a cup of warm milk at bed time.
For Children: up to 12 years half of adult’s dose.
For Infants: one quarter (1/4) of adult’s dose.
Due to its emmenagogue properties its use should be avoided in pregnancy.
Shake well before use.
Protect from sunlight and moisture.
Keep in cool, dry and dark place.
Tightly close the cap after usage.
Keep out of reach of children.
Lifestyle Castor Oil available in: