- Botanical Name : Tephrosia Purpurea
- Family Name : Fabaceae
- Common Name : Fish Poison, Wild Indigo
- Part Used : Root, Leaves, Bark.
- Habitat : Throughout india
- Product offered : Wholeplant, Leaves
Uses : It is used traditionally as folk medicine. According to Ayurveda, plant is digestible, anthelmintic, alexiteric, leprosy, ulcers, antipyretic, alternative, cures diseases of liver, spleen, heart, blood, tumours, asthma etc. A decoction of the roots is given in dyspepsia, diarrhoea, rheumatism, asthma and urinary disorders. The root powder is salutary for brushing the teeth. It quickly relieves the dental pains and arrests bleeding.